By industry sector
- Consultancy (3)
- Waste collection - private company (12)
- Waste collection - local authority (1)
- Waste disposal/treatment - private company (11)
- Waste disposal/treatment - local authority (2)
- Waste regulation (EA, SEPA, NIEA) (0)
- Other regulatory body (0)
- Waste producer (businesses outside the sector) (1)
- Recycling/reclamation (5)
- National Government (1)
- Health authority (0)
- Plant/equipment manufacturer or supplier (0)
- Education (0)
- Other (10)
- Hazardous Waste (17)
- East Midlands (5)
- East of England (2)
- Greater London (6)
- North East England (7)
- North West England (5)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Scotland (2)
- South East England (11)
- South West England (4)
- Wales (1)
- West Midlands (10)
- Yorkshire and the Humber (5)
- Africa (0)
- Americas (0)
- Asia Pacific (0)
- Europe (Exc. UK) (0)
- Middle East (1)
- South Asia (0)
- Home based (2)
- Flexible (1)
By salary range
Haz Waste Operations Manager
Haz Waste Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Hazardous Waste)
We have an exciting opportunity in Atherstone for an Operations Manager (Hazardous Waste) to join our Client's team, a disposal waste service provider to homes and businesses across the UK.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will be to ensure the site is managed within all legislative requirements, following company procedures and to ensure the site delivers its targets, both financial and non-financial.
- Compliance with environmental permit(s) and associated documentation.
- Compliance with relevant H&S legislation.
- Compliance with relevant transport legislation.
- Management and motivation of staff to ensure consistent operation of the site.
- Maintenance of the site, plant and equipment to company or supplier specifications.
- Organisation of services to meet customer needs.
- Work with existing and new suppliers to aid the operation of the site and development of recycling/disposal options.
- Following company policies and procedures to deliver the targets established.
- Working within the management team to deliver on company strategy and customer expectations.
Education / Qualifications:
- HNC in Chemistry or related subject.
- CoTC transfer level IV.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (desirable).
- A relevant supervisory or management qualification, e.g. ILM (desirable).
- CPC (desirable).
- Minimum 3 years waste management experience.
- Leadership of the site through example setting.
- Understands the variability of options for waste recycling/disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Experience working within the EA sector guidance best practice guidelines.
- Flexibility of working location as the business needs.
- Able to work unsocial hours with occasional nights away from home.
- Ability to respond out of hours to operational or customer emergencies.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined staff covering administration, customer service, technical staff, operators and drivers (desirable).
- Hands on working in a hazardous waste transfer station (desirable).
In return they offer a competitive base salary, generous bonus, excellent benefits and real career paths.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.
Industry: Hazardous Waste
Sector: Waste & Recycling
Job type: Permanent
Salary range: £40,000 - £49,999
Location: West Midlands