By industry sector
- Consultancy (3)
- Waste collection - private company (12)
- Waste collection - local authority (1)
- Waste disposal/treatment - private company (11)
- Waste disposal/treatment - local authority (2)
- Waste regulation (EA, SEPA, NIEA) (0)
- Other regulatory body (0)
- Waste producer (businesses outside the sector) (1)
- Recycling/reclamation (5)
- National Government (1)
- Health authority (0)
- Plant/equipment manufacturer or supplier (0)
- Education (0)
- Other (10)
- Hazardous Waste (17)
- East Midlands (5)
- East of England (2)
- Greater London (6)
- North East England (7)
- North West England (5)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Scotland (2)
- South East England (11)
- South West England (4)
- Wales (1)
- West Midlands (10)
- Yorkshire and the Humber (5)
- Africa (0)
- Americas (0)
- Asia Pacific (0)
- Europe (Exc. UK) (0)
- Middle East (1)
- South Asia (0)
- Home based (2)
- Flexible (1)
By salary range
Our client, a leading independently owned waste operator, is looking to recruit a Site Chemist to be based at its large hazardous waste treatment site in the North West. You will be responsible for following site acceptance procedures for receipt of packaged waste materials including analysis, routing and documentation.
- Follow site acceptance, sampling and compatibility procedures according to WM3 to correctly assess and characterise incoming packaged hazardous waste loads
- Perform analysis on samples of incoming wastes to ensure waste is correctly characterised
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly including consignment notes, waste acceptance forms and waste tracking system.
- Ensure all waste received is in accordance with the PPC Permit
- Follow non-conformance and quarantine procedures where applicable
- Understand available treatment routes to enable routing of waste streams to the most appropriate treatment route favouring recovery options and considering cost of disposal
- Apply BAT and the Waste Hierarchy to all routing & processing decisions
- Ensure all wastes received have been correctly costed for treatment or disposal
- Communicate with site operational staff on assigned treatment & disposal routes
- Provide technical support to site operational staff in planning work & managing waste inputs & outputs
- Degree or HNC in chemistry/COTC TMS4 or validated analytical experience.
- Knowledge of waste related legislation including Hazardous Waste Regulations, PPC, Landfill Directive & ADR.
- Understand how to classify hazardous waste for disposal & transport.
- Working knowledge of a Hazardous Waste treatment facility.
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Industry: Hazardous Waste
Sector: Hazardous Waste
Job type: Permanent
Location: North West England